Thursday, October 30, 2008

For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb. (Psalm 139:13)


The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner. See how the unborn baby grabs hold of the doctor's finger, the same way newborns do.

One might ask: Why would God not knit together a baby in its mother's womb in such a way that no operation by human hands would be necessary? But as a result of original sin, sickness came into the world. Yet God brings good out of evil and has given to humanity the gift of healing, and there are those who are called to be physicians; this is a gift from God. And so in His Providence we are given to see in the picture above, a look at the baby in the mother's womb. I believe it is for our sake and the sake of the unborn that we are given this look.

Let us take a good look at that tiny hand grasping onto the doctor's finger, and realize that because of abortion, millions of other tiny hands and other limbs are brutally dismembered in the mother's womb, and it is called a "right." But such a thing is never right.

Psalm 139:13 For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well;
15 my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth.
16 Thy eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written, every one of them, the
days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Lord, have mercy.

No comments: